Wednesday, July 18, 2012

May I See Your ID Please?

I volunteer my free time (that should be an oxymoron if it isn't already) as the President of the National Governing Board for the Colored Pencil Society of America serving over 1700 colored pencil artists worldwide. Although I don't do a lot of colored pencil work anymore, it's my art family of choice.  Colored pencil artists are some of the most gracious and generous folks you will ever meet - not to mention talented.

Each year CPSA hosts a four-day convention somewhere in the US to coincide with the run of our Annual International Exhibition.  This year's convention and 20th Annual International Exhibition is in the Greater Cinncinati Area (Covington, KY to be more specific.)  If you are interested please check out the CPSA website for more information.

Which leads me to two topics today:

1.  I will be in Covington from July 30-August 5th, up to my kneecaps in responsibility and activities at the convention.  You probably won't hear from me while I'm out of town, but I hope to have lots to share when I get back. (OK..maybe a few FB pics.)

2.  In preparation for the trip I felt I needed to walk the walk, and talk the talk.  I sat down the other night with Vista Print and ordered new business cards, along with a few other goodies.  It was so easy to shop and they kept offering more goodies with my name splashed across them.  I HAD to have the engraved business card holder, but I did draw the line at the baseball cap with "What Are You Really Selling?" emblazoned across the front. 


Business Card and Note Card with Envelope
for What Are You Really Selling?

Mailing Return Labels, Magnets, Business Card,
Engraved Card Holder and Oval Labels
for Cynthia Haase Fine Art

There is nothing more embarassing than someone asking for your business card and you have to fess up that you don't have any, or the last two you have are in the bottom of your purse with dog-earred corners and some other fuzz attached to them.  Are you ready when someone asks?  They will, you know.

Today's Nitty Gritty Nugget:

    Be prepared!  You never know when opportunity will knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment